Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Anniston Mental Health Center 9:24 a.m.

Looks like 49 voters stopped by here between Bob and me. I was No. 81.

I vote in every election, and it never gets any less satisfying. And, I must say, as an Ohio transplant, where we still punch chads, I feel a lot better about my votes here in Bama.

Good news for voters in my precinct who share the concerns of others this morning about the scads of campaign signs. There seem to be far fewer signs than I saw in the June primary. That day poll workers actually had to come outside and step off the distance to make sure none were too close. Today, there are fewer than a dozen signs outside.

Inside I also seemed to notice much less chatter than I heard in the primaries. What little I heard today was about golf and House and Senate elections nationwide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Annistonians always get a chuckle over how many Star-folk vote at the Mental Health Center. Everyone working the precinct recognized my wife and me when we voted about noon. About double the number of votes had been cast than Steve had noted earlier. Folks there even asked about my dog, Jack. I offered to go get him so he could vote too. They said no, that he hadn't registered in time. I think they were just afraid he'd kill someone else's vote.