Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Oxford Civic Center 10:18 a.m.


Despite weather more suited for our friends pictured at right, workers at the Oxford Civic Center report plenty of voters so far today. Voter No. 128 was the last one before I left. A steady stream came through the doors while I hung out for a few minutes.

A couple of tips if this is your precinct: The lower doors are locked, you have to use the upper doors on the right.

And most of the voters who came through while I was there looked warily at the newly waxed floor. It's not wet. Just shiny. Don't be scared.

Finally, in a confidence-inspring moment, a clerk here shooed me away and scolded me for standing too close to the ballot box. No tampering allowed.

Now, I'll make my way north in the county. Got any tips for me or any of our correspondents out today on where we should stop? Let us know.

No comments: