Tuesday, November 07, 2006

From the OTHER side of the State

TUSCALOOSA-- In case anyone in East Alabama cares what their fellow Alabamians are doing on the West side, I thought I'd update you on things from Tuscaloosa County.

If things at my precinct in Southern Tuscaloosa County are any indication, I think we'll have heavy turnout around the state. I was 47th to sign in at about 7:18 this morning.

There was hardly a place to fill out my ballot at Hillcrest High School, where voters were casting ballots before heading to work.

Not sure how much weather will be a factor. We had a lot of rain overnight here in West Alabama. But, there's been no falling weather during the first four hours of voting here.

Most would agree Tuscaloosa County's biggest contested race is for Probate Judge.

Democrat Hardy McCollum, who's served more than two decades, is facing a hefty challenge from Republican Joe Powell.

Read more about the race in a recent Tuscaloosa News article.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another county heard from, as the Irish say. Good to hear there's democracy in the west. Good of you to let us know, Dr. Daniels.